Auricular Acupuncture involves having very small needles inserted into the surface of the ear.
Patients are often surprised that this is typically painless, and highly effective.
Auricular Acupuncture is currently used within mainstream healthcare in treating trauma following stressful periods of time (NADA Protocol), as well as substance abuse such as drink and drugs (Jacobs House in Basingstoke). It is also highly effective when assisting in smoking cessation.
A small pen-like device is used to precisely place very fine needles in specific areas, and to date I have successfully treated many conditions. Some notable highlights are:
- Weight Loss / Appetite Suppression – the patient will feel full after eating a smaller amount, resulting in healthy and steady loss of weight over time.
- Stress / Trauma / Grief / PTSD – It may be that following a traumatic event in the patients life, their ability to navigate life and engage with the rest of the World is limited. Auricular Acupuncture can be used to bring the patient out of ‘fight or flight’ and into ‘rest and digest’. Optional mindfulness techniques can also be used to reinforce the treatment.
- Gastric Reflux – In a number of treatments, a great improvement has been seen with regards to patient comfort and a reduction, sometimes to zero of daily medication.
- Menstrual Cramps – In one instance, a patient described suffering five days of ‘agony’ each month, to the extent that prescription pain relief had to be used. One treatment, timed to coincide with the preliminary pain, gave sufficient relief that pain killers of this calibre were not needed.
- Fertility – treatments are anything from twice a month to weekly, depending on the individual circumstance. This is not a one session treatment by any means. Patients should expect to be treated for six to eight months. Partners can be treated to the same time for no additional cost (auricular acupuncture only).
Martin can be booked for this treatment using the option of ‘initial appointment’. If there appear to be no suitable slots, please contact me directly on 07941830331, ideally by text, so that we can arrange a convenient time for treatment. Book here.
Again,please note – Auricular Acupuncture can also form part of your treatment with Remedial Therapy at no additional charge. Simply mention that this is something you are interested in when you arrive at the clinic.